Saturday, October 6, 2007

Risotto


I've never tried risotto before, let alone made it. I have been wanting to try it for a while now, and I finally made some tonight. I found a recipe in my Better Homes and Garden cookbook I decided to try. It came out great! I can't wait to try out other risotto recipes!

Ingredients:

1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of butter
1 cup uncooked arborio rice
2 14-ounce cans reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese (2 ounces)
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:

1. In a large saucepan cook the onion and garlic in the oil and butter until onion is tender; add the rice. Cook and stir over medium heat until rice begins to brown.

2. In another saucepan bring broth to a boil, reduce heat and simmer. Slowly add 1 cup of broth to rice. Stir constantly. Continue to cook and stir until rice is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of broth to rice mixture, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed. Add remaining broth and stir until broth is absorbed.

3. Stir in the remaining butter, cheese and pepper.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home